Translations and automatic emails

Hi! Great product!!

I have a Rails app, migrating from Rails Admin gem to a custom admin for more flexibility.
And I was searching for notifications for 1 month already. I saw Go Rails episodes, searched a few gems and examples. It’s not so easy to do a nice notification system…

I never heard before about Magic Bell, I discover your company at Product Hunt.
And for me it was amazing. You already have a gem!
I’m implementing it today!

Great work, thanks for building this and for the super-inclusive free tier!
Free tier until 1000 users is a no-brain!

I have two questions:

• Is there an option for me to translate the text, like “Notifications”/“Mark all read”?
  • How can I trigger a new notification without sending an email to the user, only the message at the notification widget?
1 Like

Hey @pedroschmitt!

Thank you so much for your kind words and great to know that you are going to use MagicBell. We built notification systems in many Ruby on Rails projects too and got really tired of all the work. That’s when MagicBell was born!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, we are launching the translation option later today. We’ll email you once it’s live.
  2. Yes, I have gone ahead and disabled email delivery for your project. You shouldn’t see emails delivered anymore. There is also an option to enable/disable email deliveries per category so if you prefer that, let me know and I’ll help you get setup.

Thanks again and excited to see what you build!

Hana

2 Likes

MagicBell really is fantastic, in addition to having a very attentive staff to requests.

1 Like

@mequelussi Thanks

@pedroschmitt We launched translations last evening. We’ll reach out to you and send you the updated embed code. You can select from a list of translations that we offer or provide custom strings. Thanks!

2 Likes

Good morning, I’m testing your application and it seemed very good to me, just as I need to change the text of the interface to Spanish, you could give me the instructions to do so.

Thanks a lot

@ccabreraq Thank you for your message and great to know that you are liking MagicBell. Please see the example at https://codepen.io/josuemontano/pen/eYdmdex?editors=1010, specifically, the translations key, which is something like this

locale: {
      name: 'pt_BR',
      translations: {
        Notifications: 'Notificações',
        'Mark all read': 'Marcar tudo como lido',
        'Mark as read': 'Marcar como lido',
        'Mark as unread': 'Marcar como não lido',
        Delete: 'Apagar',
        'All clear': 'Nenhuma notificação disponível!',
      }
    },

Please let us know if you have any more questions on this. If you can share the URL, I’d love to see the end result in your product.

Thanks,
Hana